Tools you need :
Microsoft office Word you can buy from here
1. Front page
– personal details: first name, surname, academic degree
– provisional title of dissertation thesis
– details about supervisor
– if applicable, details about cooperation with other scientists and institutions
2. Abstract of research project
Explain your project in general terms (not more than 15 lines).
3. State of research
Short and precise explanation of the state of research. It must refer directly to your project, and you
must name the most important works by other scientists in your field of research. Recent research
should be explained in such a way as to clearly outline the idea, the context, and new aspects of
your own project.
4. Goals of research project
On the background of the state of research, clearly explain the scientific goals of your research
project and describe the special contribution of your project to general research.
5. Research program
The research programme is the nucleus of the exposé. It informs about structure and shape of your
project, and thus about the expected quality of the dissertation project. Here, detailed information
about the following aspects is expected:
1. state of current preparation and the most important results
2. epistemic interests and theoretical frame
3. instruments applicable to the method
4. meaning of the complex “Global and Area Studies” for your own project and its methodical
By means of an overview or a table inform about the chronological order of your project and about
how much time you will need for working out each single part of the project.
In the bibliography, list the works you referred to in your exposé as well as a choice of further
relevant reading you would like to suggest in your own project.
8. Formal aspects
Your exposé should not exceed 15 pages. It would also be nice to receive it in a reader-friendly layout
(font size pt. 12; line height 1.5; margin; paging).